View Single Post
Old August 22nd, 2009, 07:44 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave 3261
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecruisequeen
Looks like Explorer will be in Drydock starting January 4 until January 14.

Dave you are on her first sailing after her makeover!

During one sea day I noticed two people (not cruisers) with clipboards taking notes, measuring the hot tub area and talking to one of the senior officers. My guess is that work will be done with and around the hot tubs. 8)

I plan to be back on Explorer next summer. I don't know what took me so long to cruise on the Explorer since she is only one hour away and so much fun.

I have to say Royal does take good care of their ships. Never did I think before the cruise that Explorer would be in such good shape for an 11 year old ship.

8)
Did you happen to notice that those fish tanks in the aquarium bar could use some help? Not many fish and not very colorful.

Yep sure did! I asked Glen (aquarium bartender) if he was in charge of taking care of the fish. He said he was not but there is someone that is. 8)

I was alittle surprised to see that there was no Bolero's on the Explorer. They call it the Aquarium Bar with fish tanks and all. The band (Mirage) is from Mexico and they play latin music but also mix in other types of music including Elvis.
Jersey/New York cruisers are not known Latin Dancers and the Aquarium Bar was never packed you can always find a seat.
It was fun though to watch some of my fellow Jersey cruisers with their version of the Salsa.

For the true feel of a Boleros latin club you have to sail on Royal ships that depart from San Juan or Miami.

CQ's Cruise Resume

Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x2
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas