View Single Post
Old August 22nd, 2009, 11:21 PM
Admiral

Carnival discontined the cave tubing because a passenger was killed.

The waters were running to high in the cave. All the independent tours had cancelled and Carnival did theirs anyway. The waters swept she and her husband into a rock...which knocked her out and she drowned.

It also sucked her husband down but he was able to be retrieved and was ok.

I say all that to say this....Carnival tours were never linked the entire time to a guide...and this is VERY important.

Both Major Tom and Yhoni link everyone THE ENTIRE TIME. People are also now required to wear helmets.

Hubby and oldest son did a tour with Yhoni last May and it was fine. (cave-tubing.com).

But please understand that now that Carnival is not offering the tour....it seems the independents may be overwhelmed.

I have not heard any complaints about Yhoni yet, but there are some complaints from Major Tom about being rushed.

I never heard these kinds of complaints until AFTER Carnival no longer offered the tour.

Would I go cave-tubing? Of course....AS LONG AS you are linked to a guide the entire time.

Carrnival never linked. The guides would "suggest" that you hold on to someone....but there was never anyone linked to a guide the entire time.

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND