View Single Post
Old August 28th, 2009, 08:15 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to Joko Joan
Default Captain Tom

My family and I have been on one of Capt. Tom's cave-tubing adventures and we would highly recommend him to everyone. Our ages ran from 7 yrs. to 71. Capt. Tom's main concern is for the safety of all. Because I had had some trouble with walking, he had one of his sons take us on a "short-cut) whereby he took us to the end of the cave tour, pulled me and DH through to the beginning where we joined up with the rest of the family. His son, "Sonny" put in much effort to pull the two of us through and I can't praise him enough!

We were all able to take a break from the hike to the start of the tubing experience when we reached a very refreshing swim area. I must advise you to wear some sort of sneaker that you can also wear in the water. I found a terrific pair in Bealls that had cut-outs in the sides and back which made it easier for the water to run out.

What made Capt. Tom's tour different from the ship's was that each of us were lashed together in a train formation. We learned later that there was someone from the ship's tour that ran into a problem. And upon exiting the cave, there was the ship's photographer taking pictures of our experience, even of us, since there was no way he could know who was or was not on a ship tour. All in all I would give this tour 5*****. What classy gentlemen was Capt. Tom and his family.