View Single Post
Old August 30th, 2009, 05:27 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matelot
If you opt for MTDining on RCCL you have to pay gratuities upfront.

Joecru... it is only the Hotel staff that are paid by this method. It promotes good customer service from those that are in direct contact with the passenger. Gratuities are HOW they make their salary, their base pay is very minimal. If you pay the gratuities they are shared between those workers, so that dining staff who are assigned to different venues do not miss out. When you have received extra personal service, say from your room Steward, then extra tips are indicated.
Do you really think $3.50 per day for your Steward is a rip off?

Other staff, such as Engineering, Maintenance, Sales are paid by straight salary.
I guess you still don't see my point so please refer to CCL tipping. Please explain to me why am I paying an extra $1 for jobs 5 years ago I did not pay for they were salary jobs and furthermore RCCL do not make you pay for these salary jobs, (listed under the catagory of tips). RCCL: Cabin Stewart $3.50 per day Waiter $3.50 per day Asistant Waiter $2.00 per day = $63.00 per week. CCL: Cabin Stewart $3.50 per day Waiter $3.50 per day Asistant Waiter $2.00 per day plus $1.00 per day for kitchen staff which was once and still is on RCCL salary jobs. =$70.00 per week