View Single Post
Old August 31st, 2009, 12:20 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecru
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter
Joe - is that $7.00 a one-time charge? Is it per person or per cabin?

I have to admit I did not get what you were saying at first either, but you are saying that in addition to the regular tip charges they have a miscillaneous service fee that they charge right at the beginning of the cruise, right?

That would be a little strange and something new thing I have not seen before, personally. Of course, they could have easily hidden it by raising the daily charge by $.50 per person (or is it per stateroom?).

In any case, I don't like stocker shock, either, but it still isn't as bad as my phone bill with a dozen extra service fees for anything they can think of.
Thank you someone finally gets it and it is $7.00 per person per week. In other words I took my wife and 10 y/o niece it was an additional $21.00 for what once was salary jobs 5 years ago that now are called tips. Once again thank you!
Okay I had written three posts, but I deleted them all because I don't understand you point at first.

You are saying that Carnival charged you $10 per day in auto tips and $1 per day in a Service Charge for a total of $70+$7+$77 per person for the whole seven day cruise. This is new and I have some questions I hope you can answer:

Were you allow to remove the $7 service charge? Did they explain what this charge was for? At first I don't see the point of your post. But now that I understand it was an additional $7 per person on top of the auto tips your posts make more sense to me.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994