View Single Post
Old August 31st, 2009, 09:29 AM
Admiral

Oh wow this guy is confusing the heck out of me. S.S. Oceanlover I agree with the fact the RCI charges more for the same itinerary. I cruise on May 2, 2010 my price per person $489 for the Splendor which entered service in 2008. RCI would have charged me $599 per person for Marnier of the Seas which entered service in 2002. Why would I pay $100 more for a older ship. Plus Carnival let's me bring a bottle of wine per person. I like the auto tipping I don't have to hassle with envelopes or having the right change.

Here is the tipping guidelines from RCI website. When I add up the suggested tips I get $9.75 per day for stateroom and $12.00 for a suite. So Carnival's tips per day is about the same as RCI. If the OP doesn't like Auto tips he should just remove them from his credit card at the purser's desk. I guess I still don't understand how Carnival is ripping him off.
http://www.royalcaribbean.com/custom...34&faqType=faq
Q: What are gratuity guidelines for cruises?

A: So that you can thank those who have made your cruise vacation better than you could have imagined, we've developed these gratuity guidelines:
Suite attendant: $5.75 USD a day per guest
Stateroom attendant: $3.50 USD a day per guest
Dining Room Waiter: $3.50 USD a day per guest
Assistant Waiter: $2.00 USD a day per guest
Headwaiter: $.75 USD a day per guest
Note: These gratuities apply to guests of all ages.
Gratuities for other service personnel are at your discretion. A 15% gratuity will automatically be added to your bar bill or wine check when you are served.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994