View Single Post
Old August 31st, 2009, 01:51 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter
I thought he said it was a $7 upfront charge per person and that it isn't mentioned in the tipping guidelines. I don't know if that is correct and $7 isn't much, but who here does not scour their final bill for any unforeseen charges? I know I do.

If I saw an odd $21 on my bill I wasn't expecting for a service charge I didn't think I received the service for I would mention it to the front desk. I am guessing that is what Joe did, and he was told it was for deckhands and bellmen. That's a new one on me and it is a valid point to mention it here.

You're OK Joe. Don't worry about the snide comments. Some things like $7 seem small, but it is how they are done that counts. It all adds into your cruise experience.
All tips on CCL are upfront, usually the whole weeks tips are charged the first day of the voyage.

There was no $7 extra charge on top of the $70.

This is his point on contention:
Well I see the people on here do not get my point so this is my last comment. If I want to give my waiter let's say $4.50 a day and my stewart $5.50 a day I'm alright with that. My question is out of the $70.00 that is charged by CCL which is minimum tips for my services ($3.50,$2.00,$3.50,=$63.00) with and additional $7.00 being charged for each passenger for misc. Where is the $7.00 going?

Bill