View Single Post
Old September 1st, 2009, 05:41 PM

I personally feel this is RIDICULOUS. I have never heard of a hotel or cruise line banning someone for damage, especially this relatively small amount of damage.

If I had not caused the damage I would have never signed anything and they could have kept me onboard until I was arrested or they gave up.

I guess I'm banned from Princess for life. I fell in my cabin on the Island Princess and my stainless steel watch put a fairly good scratch (diagonally across the door) on the bathroom door.

I told our steward about it and he said not to worry. Within a couple of days the scratch was covered up. I don't know how they covered it up but you could still see where the scratch was if you looked at the right angle. They must have used a paint.

This banning for life for something like this is going to give the cruise line a VERY bad reputation and backfire on them.

I know there are three sides to the story but unless they totally destroyed the dressing table or there is "another" reason then Carnival is in the wrong.

Take care,
Cruisemates Community Leader/Moderator

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me