View Single Post
Old September 2nd, 2009, 11:23 PM
Captain

Default Silly things or not so Silly things to pack

Before I went on my first cruise I posted on the Richard Simmons web site for things to pack. Oh my first cruise was a Richard Simmons Cruise to Lose on Carnival. And I didn't understan all the silly things people were bringing. Here are some I bring and why. Please post yours too. I love new tips.

Clear Packing Tape- I have mended a hem, fixed a dress shoe and strapped a broken suit case with it.

Post-it notes- The larger yellow post-its. Great for leaving notes to the room steward and your cabin mates.

Bungee cords- Great for holding open your cabin door if you want fresh air in the room. And on one cruise where we had multiple balcony cabins we used it to secure the partitian between the balconies to keep it from flopping back and forth.

A wad of $1 bills for tipping room service.

Door Decoration- Sometimes the cabin numbers are hard to see. So we dress up our door. It's fun to do. And makes it easy to find your cabin.

A soft sided cooler bag.
Zip lock bags various sizes
***What we do is what was suggested earlier. We order room service before a shore tour. Especially in places we are not sure of. We were so glad we did in Belize. We pack ice in 2 zip locks. And we put in a couple of bottles of water too.

A net laundry bag. Light weight and makes it easier to pack light and make a trip to the laundry one afternoon.

And for me I bring cold brew tea bags and crystal light to go packs.
7- Sapphire Princess
6-Golden Princess
5-Carnival Paradise
4-Royal Caribbean-Monarch of the Seas
3-Carnival Glory
2-Carnival Spirit-Richard Simmons Cruise to Lose
1-Carnival Inspiration - Richard Simmons Cruise to Lose
Sponsored Links