View Single Post
Old September 5th, 2009, 08:13 AM
Admiral

Default GLOUCESTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruznut2
Hey Parrot Mom! I went on many whale watching cruises from Gloucester with the Yankee Fleet. Great fun and always saw whales. sometimes they came so close to the boat we could have touched them.
We saw whales from Puerto Vallarta in February 2007.

Laura
HI LAURA.. Gloucester is such a fun place. The very, very first whale watch we did was with an old crusty captain..in a now what I realize was a small boat (compared to the newer ones).. and he told us to bang the side of the boat.. WHO KNEW!! WE DID.. and a whale came right up to us to see what we were doing? What a thrill.. They are such gentle giants.. curious about us as we are about them.. In Cabo when we went out and the Captain asked how we liked the tour...I looked at him and told him to come to where we live.. Cape, Boston and I can show him whales... we never saw one.. What I think they do now in Mexico and Alaska is go out in huge rubber boats to get closer to the whales.. THAT would be illegal in New England.. We did for a while "Adopt" a whale..Stubb. he wintered off the coast of the Dominican Repubic..near Samana.. Now...there is a huge White Shark off the coast of the Cape...pretty darn dangerous.. feeding on the seals..