View Single Post
Old September 7th, 2009, 03:35 PM
Admiral

I would google shuttles in that area. The only one I know of is Super Shuttle. But, we have used them quite a bit on both coasts.
Some ships now have extra restaraunts that you can go to and pay extra for, but only if you want to. We rarely do, since the free dining room food, plus buffets on deck and room service are more than anough for us. We have done the specialty restaraunts to celebrate special occasions and thought that they were worth the extra money. But, you don't have to do that at all.
I would try to arrive at the airport as early as possible, even the day before, if you can. Traffic in L.A. is as bad as it is reputed to be, especially from LAX to Long Beach area. But, allow a LOT of time. You can usually board the ship earlier than they state on their documents. We like to arrive at the ship around 10:30 or 11 a.m. Sometimes the cabins aren't ready yet, but since you drop your luggage off at the pier, all you need to carry around is a bad with med's, jewelry, camera, maybe a bathing suit if you want to jump in the pool asap. The Lido buffet will be open, too, so you can start in on that free food immediately.
I'm not sure who promised you an upgrade, but those are very rare. Unless you had something in writing that said you would be getting an upgrade, don't worry about it. It doesn't happen very often.
Internet on board is not cheap and tends to be very slow, so unless you have to stay in touch, don't bother. Same with cell phones. Charges can mount up fast.
Ask any more questions that you have. We're here because we LOVE talking about cruises!
Marty