View Single Post
Old September 15th, 2009, 10:07 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Carnival's Bon Voyage Department

Quote:
Originally Posted by zydecocruiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniousmc
Carnival's Bon Voyage Department is the best prices are about 15% more but well worth it. You dont have to worry about sneaking stuff on, worrying if it breaks on you. Call a couple weeks before and have it in your room waiting
I ordered from the BV department once and it was about 50% more than retail for JW Black.

The last time I asked, the new price was 100% more that retail and I went back to BYOL.

Carnival tells you to lock your suitcase and there is no requirement for a TSA lock. You could wrap a chain around your suitcase and lock it with a padlock of your choice.
If I remember correctly (it's been over a year since my last cruise) the bottle you order through the ship are a different size from the ones are the liquor store. I agree the BV department charges more then the liquor store. I go with rum and it has never been 100% more expensive. But JW black may be different. How big is the bottle you bring and the bottle the BV department sells? What are the prices of each? I drive my hubby crazy with this because I always want the details.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994