View Single Post
Old September 28th, 2009, 07:39 PM
Admiral

Paul, if the food was garbage and the service was great.........then it would have been "OK', but crappy food. I leave in a bad mood not because the food was just so so, I get more upset when we have bad service and Sam is the same way.
I dont expect to be waited on hand and foot, but I dont want to repeat myself over and over for a glass of water or a cup of tea. I also would like to have the meal served at an adequate pace.
It is why we often go to a place that has average normal food, nothing that special, but it is good, good prices, excellent friendly service, and you know what? We keep going back because of that, skipping the more pricey "better tasting food" because the atmosphere and service is not as good.
I have sent food back on a cruise, very politely stating that I really dislike it, and ordered something else. I remember once I ordered a shrimp dinner, well, I had to really look to find more that 2-3 of them......so I asked nicely if I could please have some shrimp on the side , and we had a fantatic waiter and he was so nice about it and even joked about the lack of shrimp in the meal, and you know what? Because of that, the fact the meal was so skimpy and cheap on shrimps to begin with did not matter the same way because the waiter was great, he fixed the issue and gave great friendly service.
It just shows how we are all differant.
As for names of chefs, that would never sway me to take a cruise, food just isnt that important to me, and frankly, to me the best meala are home cooked surrounded with loved ones.