View Single Post
Old September 30th, 2009, 09:55 AM
Administrator
Admiral

This is just an anecdotal experience.

We booked one of the few cruise line tours I've taken in Antigua. It was a 4x4 tour of the island. Our Jeep broke down about 1/3 of the way through the tour. All of the other Jeeps were almost full so my wife and I told the couple with us to take the last two spots in the other Jeeps. The head driver said that another Jeep would be there to pick us up in a few minutes and we could then catch up.

About an hour later our driver said he was going to get someone to help and flagged down a car. That was the last we saw of him.

Two hours later there was no replacement Jeep and no driver. We were a long way from any phone so when another Jeep convoy came buy I flagged them down. (I stood in the road and blocked them.) They were from a Royal Caribbean ship and we were on Princess. I explained our situation and they found "room" for us. My wife had to sit on the console between the driver and passenger seat. Luckily she isn't wide and fit. The problem was it was 4x4 tour and she ended up with a softball sized bruise on her rear end.

When we returned to the ship we went directly to the shore excursion desk and to our amazement they had no idea the Jeep had broken down and we had been left out there. The rest of the group had returned an hour earlier. We did get our money back and a "free" examination of my wife's bruise from the ship's doctor.

What does this have to do with the current situation. I have nothing against Antigua and would go back but I find it quite irresponsible of the tour company to leave two passengers sitting in the middle of Antiguan nowhere for almost three hours. I wonder if Princess still uses this company.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me