View Single Post
Old October 19th, 2009, 11:57 AM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMG
I'm not going to turn this into a racial debate but; I recently cruised out of Puerto Rico on RCCL and until you're at the bottom of a very tall totem pole, you problem don't know how low you really are.

I'm Black (being called African American is an insult to me), and my girlfriend is Asian, and cruising from Puerto Rico we were very surprised (looking back, I have no idea why we'd be surprised), to be amoung very few Black, Asian, or White people onboard.

I'm not complaining but; whomever says they don't notice race is a lie. You can't help but to notice when things are "seasoned differently". Especially when you have time, day after day to soak up information.

On a 7 day cruise you begin to recognize all sorts of things when you're in such an environment. We had a great time on our cruise and because we can enjoy ourselves with everyone or with ourselves.
EMG, I had to respond to you, I laughed out loud at your prefrence to be call black instead of African American only because I feel the same way. It could be a generational thing (smile). This is not a race statement I'm going to make, but a life one, I believe EMG is totally correct when he says that people who say the don't notice race on a ship is a lie. I know that what ever race you are, if the majority is of something you are not , you do notice. Is it racist to do so, ofcourse not, I personally enjoy a mixed crowd in many situations, If I went on a cruise that there were only a few like me would I notice, yes. Would that cause me not to enjoy my cruise. Ofcourse not,I enjoy all people. Just my two cents
Carnival Destiny October 2010
Carnival Fantasy May 2011
Carnival Fantasy October 2011
Carnival Fascination January 2012
Carnival Breeze October 2013
Carnival Fantasy February 2014
Carnival Fantasy January 2015