View Single Post
Old October 21st, 2009, 08:34 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

In San Juan, Forteleza Street is the shopping area. On the way there, you can find sidewalk vendors, selling sunglasses, faux handbags etc....In the district, you will find jewlery stores, and even a Marshalls!

In St Thomas, most taxi's will leave you off at the flea market area...faux bags, sunglasses, jewelry, tee's etc...The main street, and, gades [side streets] have everthing for diehard shoppers..Leather bags, perfumes, linen shops and tons of jewelry stores. If you are planning on buying anything major, do your research and know your prices....I brought back a perfume brochure, which gives 2009/2010 perfume prices, this, I have never seen before, so I could let you know what prices they are selling for here.

In St Maarten, the ship leaves you off on the Dutch side....prices on this side are better than on the French side..once again, all mentioned above is here as well...sometimes if you see something in one port and decide to wait till another port, you can drive yourself crazy..while St T, and, St M
have the same stores, the merchandise may not be the same....

Know what you want, and, what you want to pay, but let serendipity happen too...enjoy!...

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator