View Single Post
Old October 27th, 2009, 11:51 AM
First Mate

Hey Kathleen-
I saw one guy wearing jeans and a tshirt at palo's last week!!! (and we went on formal night!!)
Everyone else was dressed nice. My Hubby did end up wearing a suit there only because we went on formal night.
It was real nice.

In the dinning rooms we saw all sorts of kinds of dress. From shorts to slacks...tshirts to dress shirts. No one was turned away but I think it's very tacky.

We went to the "seafood buffet" for lunch one day in Parrot cay. My daughter was so excited she wanted fried shrimp. Well we searched and no fried shrimp. Alot of cold seafood available including shrimp and cold crab claws, sushi, and salad. So one of the crew saw me searching and asked if he could help. I asked if they had any fried shrimp? He went and got the chef..Chef daniel. He said they didn't have any on the buffet but would be glad to make a special order just for her! So we went back to our table, I ate and she sat with an empty plate. It was cute, many of the servers came around and said stuff like...where is your food? What's going on, you coulnd't find anything? Then about 15min and the Chef himself came out with her special order of fried shrimp. They were the BEST fried shrimp I have EVER had!!! Lightly breaded and fried with some sort of seasoning, oh my goodness, my mouth is watering just thinking of them. She loved them too. I thanked him and put him on my survey at the end as wowing us.

So if they don't have something you like, don't be afraid to ask!!!!
NCL JEWEL 4/9/2006
DISNEY WONDER 6/15/06
NCL SUN 1/23/07 (girls trip!)
NCL PEARL 3/30/07
RCCI MAJESTY OF THE SEAS 8/27/07
NCL Sky 8/31/09 (Mom's Bday Cruise)
Disney Magic 10/17/09 with the baby!!
Next Cruise...NCL Dawn 6/6/10 NYC to Bermuda ;-)