View Single Post
Old November 25th, 2009, 01:32 PM
Beginner

Default 18 days on the Statendam

My roommate and I are cruising on the Statendam for 18 days{Christmas-New Years} with my mother and sister thru the Panama Canal. We booked deluxe verandah suites thinking being on the ship so long, the regular verandah suites might be too small. We also got a heck of a deal on them! Linda, my roommate and I have never been on a cruise longer than 7 days. She is worried that 18 days will be just a little too long. We leave on Dec. 21 from Ft. Lauderdale and arrive in San Diego on the 10th of Jan. Also my mother talked us into going to Ft. Lauderdale on the 18th and spend a few extra days at a hotel before our cruise.
We are both in our mid 40s and wonder if there is enough to do during days at sea on this ship. Note, we are not drinkers as we both attend AA and also wonder if there are AA meetings on this ship. The last time I traveled at Christmas on the Westerdam {7 days} I found only 3 meetings during the whole cruise. But, that was 4 yrs ago.
This is my second cruise with Holland America and having been on only one other cruise {Westerdam, Caribbean 7 day Christmas in 2005} Im new to all of this and find it amazing and wonderful beyond words!
Thank you for any comments, Donny
Sponsored Links