View Single Post
Old November 26th, 2009, 04:10 PM
Cruise Maniac

I did the 14 day Panama Canal on the Statendam last Feb and LOVED it! There are culinary demos, cards, lectures etc...(similar to what was offered on your previous cruise) if you are not into any of that, you should really invest in a good book. I brought all the magazines that I had not had time to read and left them behind afterwards. There are quite a few sea days so I guess it depends what your interests are. The library is quite extensive but just to warn you, if the ship is hit with Norovirus as it was on my cruise, the books will be locked away.

There are AA meetings on every cruise I have been on but I have never heard of anyone needing to go more than 3 times in 7 days. Sorry for my ignorance. I think if you go to the first meeting and are in need of additional meetings, someone might be willing to accomodate you or there may be others looking for daily meetings.

The nice thing on this Panama Canal cruise is that typically, there is not a lot of party activity and the crew do not push drinks like on other cruiselines.

Have a wonderful cruise!