View Single Post
Old November 29th, 2009, 03:05 PM
Beginner

Default Oasis: Problems?

Paul, I appreciate your candor and your sincere effort to present the product as you see it. I too, as my review states, was wowed by the ship and would not discourage anyone who is booked from doing anything but counting down the days.

She will impress you.

I would only state that the Freedom Class is available in December for similar itineraries at $399 for an inside and $1249 for a suite. Oasis does not seem to be responding to supply and demand as its least expensive inside starts at $1249.

And, yes, the amount you pay will influence your experience. So, as you comment about the December 1 sailing, I do wonder what your fare is. Why? Because if you are traveling on a fare lower than $2000-plus for the cabin on this four nighter, you are not paying the 'real' price RCCL is demanding for the product.

Combine that with wide-open inventory, and I suspect this will not be anything close to a true experience for the typical consumer of the Oasis product. Nevertheless, I await your comments on your return and hope you enjoy your time on the Oasis once more.