View Single Post
Old December 5th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Admiral

Sounds like you have a couple ways to go. The full refund with take more work. However, if that is what you want you could fight for that.

Me personally I would have them switch the booking to another cruise like the equinox. Get a reservation number and check to make certain the booking is good. But I love to cruise so the cruise is worth more to me then the money.

I think you will have less of a fight getting a new cruise; because the cruise lines are having trouble filling the ships right now. Getting you on a cruise benefits them more then refunding your money. You will spend more money on the cruise: drinks, shore excursions etc. Plus if you enjoy the cruise you could become a repeat customer and the is what all businesses want.

This is my personal opinion. I have not been in this situation so I can't tell you for sure what is the proper way to go. That is up to you to decide. I'm not a lawyer and I don't know the laws or anything about contract law. I'm a finance major so my opinions are shaped by what I know of how business works. Good Luck I hope it works out of you.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994