Thread: Sunday Morning!
View Single Post
Old December 20th, 2009, 08:14 AM
Admiral

Good morning, James, all my other mates!

We awoke to a cold, dry daybreak, but there's the promise of it warming today. I'm so glad that we flew home (LaGuardia to Baltimore/Washington to Houston Hobby) last Thursday. I don't think that flight is happening right now, due to the snow. I'm sorry for my friends in the area, but glad that we missed this event!

Now I have to really get serious and get ready for Christmas. I tried to have most of it done before we left home on Thanksgiving, and now realize that I failed!

We had a really good cruise crossing the Atlantic. It got a little rough, with 30 ft seas and 90 knot winds (that equals 104 mph winds). Even the crew were feeling the effects of the ocean. Fortunately, the only effect Don and I had was that our sleep was interrupted by some hard vibrations. We had an aft cabin and it was like being in the last car of a roller coaster!

Time to get ready for church, and then this afternoon I will have an up close and personal relationship with my washer/dryer!

Everyone stay dry, warm, and safe.

James, I know you will surely enjoy having all your family with you!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13