View Single Post
Old December 25th, 2009, 05:14 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIS View Post
Personally, we are not into dressing up on our vacation because vacation(for us) is time for relaxation - bar none.

I will lounge around the ship in my jeans because that is what I wear. However, if there are specific dress codes in the main evening dining aka sans jeans, then I will abide by that and wear casual pants and a proper shirt.

Understand there are three formal nights on our 16 day caper. I have no intention of dressing in a tux( never did, not now and never will), however I will pack my navy blue blazer, dress shirt and tie for formal night, that is if we decide to partake. We will probably take in one but that will be enough for us.

Just my view point.
AIS, can I ask why you chose to book a cruiseline with three formal nights if you do not want to dress formally? After all, some of your fellow cruisemates may have chosen this cruise specifically for the formal nights (along with itinerary and a multitude of other factors)? It would be sort of like attending a black tie formal ball without formal attire at home. There are a number of cruise lines that don't even require a blazer, let alone a tux.

Based on your previous posts, I recommend Regent Seven Seas Voyager 15 night repositioning cruise from Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale. Everynight is "elegant casual." Here is a link to itinerary and other information:

http://www.rssc.com/cruises/VOY101108/Itinerary.aspx

Enjoy!

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Silversea Silver Explorer (23nts) - Kangerlussuaq, Greenland - Nome, Alaska - Aug 14

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14