View Single Post
Old December 27th, 2009, 02:29 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck Cruiser View Post
If I am on vacation anywhere, i should be able to dress as I choose. Cruise ships especially because of limited dining venues. I should not be forced to dine in my room or seek out the buffet just because i dont want to get dressed up.
Truck Cruiser, maybe you will end up with the "family from hell." Parents and two kids. Kids constantly were throwing mashed potatoes and other food across the table at each other when they weren't yelling at each other. The parents just tried to drown out the kids. When approached by the Maitre 'D, the mother said that this was there vacation and they were going to behave as they wanted. She said that the kids were like this at home, too, but on the ship, she didn't have to clean it up.

In the privacy of your own space, you can do whatever you want. If you want to mix with civilization, you need to follow the rules that that civilization has created. If you really want to do whatever you want on a cruise vacation, may I recommend renting a sailboat with crew. It is a fantastic experience where you can get into many wonderful islands and beaches where you cannot reach with a cruise ship.

"Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero"

Horace

Seven Seas Mariner - Bermuda - April 2016

Seven Seas Explorer - Med - October 2016