View Single Post
Old December 29th, 2009, 03:05 PM
Beginner

Default Agua sol beach in Jamaica is a must!!!

No one replied to my earlier thread, so we decided to try it blindly!! We had an awesome time at Agua Sol beach. The thing is, I am not really sure they even had a water park. I never saw one. I think this place is beach only fun. From the port, we hopped a van to the beach. $4pp one way. $5 entrance fee. Winston met us at the entrance, led us down to the beach took our drink order and showed us our chaise loungers. At first we were a little apprehensive. We were the only foreigners among the locals. But soon, other cruise passengers showed up. But only a few. It never got crowded and we had a wonderful quiet day on the beach. The jerk chicken was soooo good. Hamburger was ok. The guys in our group drank red stripe all day. $20 buckets with 6 beers. I think we talked him down from $25 or so. What a great day!! Winston was hilarious balancing our drinks on his head and entertaining us. Of course, we were offered a little of the local "stuff" but all you have to do is say no. They did not hound us. Only two guys offered their local jewelry and one hair braiding lady.
I would love to go back there. Irie Mon!!!!