View Single Post
Old December 30th, 2009, 06:16 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Cruise Line Loyalty Programs - Compare cruise line reward programs and repeat passenger benefits

Here is an article we did comparing loyalty programs. When I wrote this about a year ago I have to say I think HAL's was the worst. They really needed to re-vamp it, especially since Princess is their closest competitor and they have a very good program.

I was VERY happy to see the HAL upgrades. Here they are:

Holland America Line

Holland America's Mariner Society Rewards Program has just been updated and will be in service as of Oct. 18, 2009. It provides past guests with new benefits including onboard discounts while sailing and special rates on select cruises and reduced or free third and fourth rates when booking future cruises.

These Mariner's Society benefits are tiered and vary based on a guest's cruise history.

The new Mariner Society Rewards Program offers a four-level progressive membership. All guests who sail with Holland America Line are automatically entered into the Mariner Society. Level of membership is based on past cruises recorded as cruise days. Guests automatically collect additional "cruise days" or cruise day credits based on their onboard spending or through the purchase of one of the premium line's suite options.

Star Mariner - level 1
Guests who complete their initial cruise with Holland America Line are automatically enrolled in the Mariner Society's first level, and will earn cruise days towards higher levels as they continue to cruise with Holland America. Star Mariner status: special offers on select sailings, 50 percent discount for third and fourth guests on select sailings, hosted sailings with Holland America Line Ambassadors, a Welcome Back Embarkation Brunch on future cruises, a subscription to the Mariner Magazine and a Mariner Champagne Brunch on future cruises.

Two-Star Mariner
After 30 cruise day credits earned, Two-Star guests receive all the amenities of a Star Mariner plus 15 percent off merchandise purchased from ShopHollandAmerica.com and 10 percent off logo apparel items onboard in the gift shops. Two-Star Mariners also will receive a complimentary ship photo and be sent an exclusive annual cruise planner and special recognition pin.

Three-Star Mariner
With 75 cruise days earned, Three-Star guests are automatically given all Two-Star amenities plus discounts including 10 percent off on select spa treatments; a 25 percent discount on all wine packages, mini-bar purchases, Explorations Café drinks and alternative restaurant surcharges; special advanced notice of new itineraries; and a waiver of air deviation fees.

Four-Star Mariner
At the top of the tiers, with 200 cruise days earned, Four-Star guests enjoy the benefits of all previous levels and free fare for third and fourth guests on select sailings; complimentary wine tasting and laundry/pressing; a 50 percent discount on all wine packages, mini-bar purchases, Explorations Café drinks and alternative restaurant surcharges; a 15 percent discount on logo apparel items onboard in the gift shops; priority tender service and check-in; priority shore excursion pre-booking; and a free subscription to Food and Wine magazine or Travel and Leisure magazine.