View Single Post
Old January 5th, 2010, 09:14 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to cruiseeeeaddict
Default Navigator Mini-Review

I didn't post this under the review thread since I'm not posting a "real" review or following that format. I'm just posting some thoughts of my New Years Eve cruise on Navigator of the Seas. If it wasn't for having my boyfriend with me, knowing some of the crew, and the countdown on New Years Eve this cruise would have been pretty bad. Having been on this ship three times previous to this cruise I was extremely disappointed.

The ship was nowhere near as clean as it used to be. Everywhere I looked there was garbage or dirty dishes, and nobody in sight to pick them up. The bed sheets in the cabin were stained with blood and who knows what else, along with cigarette burns in the blankets. This isn't a huge issue, but the ship smelled horrible of sewer all week.

The service was just ok - nothing outstanding like usual with the exception of our waiter, Serdar. He was amazing. Another good thing about the service was we were able to meet up with two crew members (Leon & Bornie, both bartenders) that we had met on the ship the three previous times. It was awesome to see them again! My mom had to talk to Guest Services a few times and they were anything but helpful. We almost didn't get our pre-paid gratuities in time for dinner the last night & they wouldn't apply our onboard credits, among other things. My mom spent the majority of the last sea day on the phone in the cabin dealing with them, with the onboard credit still unresolved until this morning at home.

Also, the food was pretty bad. I was shocked! My mom received spoiled seafood two nights, along with overcooked & raw meat on other nights. There were maybe two or three dishes all week in the main dining room that were good, still nothing great. I also found that the buffet food was not as good as it had been previously. It seemed that the best place to get decent food was cafe promenade.

The teen compass had many of the same activities that I've seen on all the Royal ships & have enjoyed in the past. However, a lot of the activities were for ages 12-17 instead of the two split groups (12-14 & 15-17). I did not want to hang out with little kids, and as my mom mentioned if I were 12 she would not want me with 17 year olds. Needless to say, I didn't use the teen activities at all.

The ship changed time in ports so we were unable to do any excursions. In Cozumel we went to Senor Frogs & in Belize we got lunch at the Wet Lizard. Side note: We almost got killed in the taxi in Cozumel. Watch out for them! I've been to both ports before so we didn't spend much time at either.

New Years Eve however was great. They did a NYC style count down on the Promenade complete with confetti, a balloon & ball drop, and free-flowing champagne for the adults. There was an event at every venue on the ship that night, but it seemed everybody was on the Promenade. It was pretty amazing!

Although I had a good time & my boyfriend enjoyed his first cruise, it was a huge let down. We will not be cruising Royal Caribbean again unless a fantastic deal comes up or to try Oasis when prices drop. It will be Carnival for us all the way with our next cruise being in April on Carnival Liberty.

Pictures from this cruise are on facebook for anybody interested. My name's Rebecca Cavanaugh for those who I have not added yet.
Future Cruises
Carnival Elation - November 25 & November 30, B2B

Past Cruises
Navigator of the Seas - 2005, 2007, 2009, 2010
Mariner of the Seas - 2007
Liberty of the Seas - 2008
Carnival Liberty - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013 B2B
Carnival Miracle - April & June 2011
Carnival Dream - 2011, 2012
Carnival Glory - June & September 2012
Carnival Imagination - 2013
Sponsored Links