View Single Post
Old January 6th, 2010, 12:54 PM
Beginner

Default Royal Caribbean not for me. Beware!

This is a letter that I submitted to Royal Caribbean and their response. FYI, Beware!

Dear Customer Relations Department,

We were so looking forward to our first cruise with Royal Caribbean on the Monarch of the Seas. When I booked the cruise on line I had already talked with a representative from Royal Caribbean to find a cruise that met our schedule. (Tues through Saturday of Thanksgiving week). I was given the cruise dates and ship information that I needed to book my cruise on line. I booked the cruise with the information and dates that I was given and never thought any more of it. I reviewed the documents which had the dates but not the days, everything looked good, until I arrived to the port on Tues. I was told that the Monarch of the Seas left the port on Monday and that they don't have any ships that sail on Tuesday. Well you can imagine the shock and disappointment that we were feeling when given this information. Nothing could be done, we tried everything we could to catch up with the ship but nothing could be worked out as we had our car to deal with.
I understand that this was an honest mistake and one that I should have caught when reviewing the documents. We typically take two to three cruises a year, and were really looking forward to seeing how Royal Caribbean faired against the other cruise providers that we were accustomed to using. I am hoping that Royal Caribbean will somehow be able give us a chance to experience a first cruise with them by either refunding the money for the cruise or by providing a cruise credit towards our next cruise.
The total amount that was charged to my credit card was $656.79 I understand that the refund for the taxes, port charges and pre-paid gratuities is in the works.

We will be looking to book a cruise during the time frame of 26 March 2010 thru 3 April 2010. We are retired Military and Florida residents. We are willing to sail out of any Florida port going to any destination on a 5-7 day cruise.

Thank you in advance for your fair and prompt response of this matter. We are looking forward to another opportunity to sail Royal Caribbean and making it our cruise line of choice.

Royal Caribbean's response? Basically they said sorry, you should have bought insurance. Not so much as offering a $10 credit towards my next cruise. Refused to let me talk to management. I recommended that they include the day of the week and the date on itinerarys to prevent this from happening to others. Their response; Our systems are not set up for that. Royal Caribbean could care less about me as a cruise guest. I certainly have choices in the cruise lines that I select and without a doubt, it will not be Royal Caribbean, ever again!
Sponsored Links