View Single Post
Old January 10th, 2010, 10:48 PM
Admiral

First off welcome to cruisemates. I'm going on Splendor in May. I started this thread for all of us cruising splendor should be so good tips there. Splendor check in. Who is going on Splendor and when?

Puerto Vallarta has a resort called Dreams they offer a cruise day pass includes use of the resort, food, and drinks for $58 per person. Krystal resorts also in Puerto Vallarta allows cruiser to use the pool for free however, food and drinks will cost you. I was thinking of dumping my hubby by the pool here while I headed into the spa for a facial or massage. My hubby isn't a massage person. I just got this link for the spa and sent them an e-mail to request prices and other information. Here is that link.
Nail Care Millenium Spa Wellnmess Center

My plan for Cabo San Lucas is to hang out at Medano beach. It's a short water taxi ride from the pier. Cabo is your only tender port (the ship can't dock so the ran tender boat to bring people ashore) so allow yourself enough to catch the tendor back to the ship.

A lot of people are recommending Stone island in Mazatlan. My only worry is the restrooms have been descibed as rustic. I'm not sure what the means. However, for Stone island you walk out the terminal to the water taxi and take the water taxi to stone island. I was thinking of getting pesos just for the water and regular taxis. But I have heard they take US dollars also.
Here is a picture of the water taxi station.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994