View Single Post
Old January 11th, 2010, 11:06 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Djcarolina

Royal Caribbean goes back and forth on their teen policy. I agree with them having one set curfew though, because unfortunately it's the older teens that are usually the problems. True, many of us have a maturity level that would not warrant a curfew, but there are some little hooligans that ruin everything for everyone else. During spring break, however, Royal Caribbean has toyed with a 2am curfew and restricting teens to the pool deck and teen facilities. RCI tried a fleetwide 2am curfew January-March last year, but it didn't stick. I agree with the curfew, but feel that it should be on a case-by-case basis. Security guards who terrorize teens sitting in the library or in cafe promenade need a good kick in the ass and something better to do with their time. (And I've been known to give them a piece of mind, thats how i got a tour of what's below deck 2 once on Mariner)

Chops Grill is absolutely worth the fee and time. They have the best food I've ever had onboard a ship and it is a far notch above the regular dining room. Everything on their menu is exceptional (and I've tried it all). On Navigator this weekend, we ate in Chops 3 nights and with the captain on formal night in the main dining room and it was excellent.

Portofino is good, but it depends on whether or not you like italian. It's different from Chops in that Portofino is all about presentation. Chop's menu is no-frills just very good food. Cessar Salad, Cheese & Onion (French Onion) Soup, Steaks, Chicken, Lamb and Pork. All served simply and let the flavor speak for ittself. Portofino has a bunch of "fu-fu" dishes where the food is prepared with a lot of ingredients and has many different layers. It's some of the best italian food I've ever had, but you need to be a fan of their type of cuisine to thoroughly enjoy the Portofino experience.

Oasis of the Seas
Allure of the Seas
Freedom of the Seas
Mariner of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas
Grandeur of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Brilliance of the Seas
Jewel of the Seas
Monarch of the Seas
Voyager of the Seas
Sovereign of the Seas