View Single Post
Old January 11th, 2010, 10:16 PM
First Mate

We have been cruising with teenagers for almost four years now (at least we are down to taking two instead of four with us). I would suggest boarding realatively early and spending time walking around the ship so both you and your kids get familar with the layout. The Flowrider is way fun even if they don't try it themselves it is great to watch everyone else. The rock climbing wall is also a hit with our boys (they are 14 and 16). We do spend alot of time together onboard but also give the boys some free time to explore on there own as long as we set a time for them to be back in the stateroom or to meet us in a specific location. I have read of alot who bring post-it notes to leave messages in the stateroom as to where everyone is and when to meet. Give the kids time to meet other teens, there is a great teen hangout area (usually called the living room I think) where they can come and go as they wish but no parents are allowed, but there is staff supervision. There is also great sports activities that are a hit with the teens, dodgeball, basketball, mini golf, ping pong and pool activities just for the teens. Whatever they chose to do they will have a great time and you will score the cool parent points. Have fun.
Mariner January 8, 2012

Past Cruises:
Radiance April 2, 2011
Mariner January 9, 2011
Oasis 9 October 2010
Majesty 20 August, 2010
Mariner January 31, 2010
Adventure September 27, 2009
Explorer March 27, 2009
Monarch January 9, 2009
Liberty September 2008
Mariner June 2007