View Single Post
Old January 12th, 2010, 07:23 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter View Post

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So - RCL get $65 million, but are they going to fix the pods? They allude they have been mostly fixed over the years, but something tells me we are going to get a visit from our friend "Nurse Debra" soon.

People who had unsatisfactory cruises on these ships due to pod failure should get a piece of that money by all rights, right?

It is an interesting press release "we're getting money, but no announcement about using it to fix the problem?"

Does anyone know if Celebrity ever did truly fixed any of those pods? They allude that they have, but I don't know if it is true.
Hi Paul,

It is refreshing, once in a while, to see my name referenced in a post, in an intelligent logical and respectful way. Many kudos for that!!!! Debra

"So - RCL get $65 million, but are they going to fix the pods? They allude they have been mostly fixed over the years, but something tells me we are going to get a visit from our friend "Nurse Debra" soon".

The original of the lawsuit against Rolls Royce was for over $300 million and the reported settlement was about 80% less, so I don't know if this is a good thing or a disappointment for RCCL stockholders and Celebrity top brass. It is true that many Celebrity champions have alluded that this problem has been fixed for many years now, but they continued to happen.

"People who had unsatisfactory cruises on these ships due to pod failure should get a piece of that money by all rights, right?"

Ahhh - RIGHT, but my experience with Celebrity has been that that will happen the day after I win the mega lottery!

"It is an interesting press release "we're getting money, but no announcement about using it to fix the problem?".

Yes, I also was struck by that very strange omission.

“Does anyone know if Celebrity ever did truly fixed any of those pods? They allude that they have, but I don't know if it is true”.

While some have touted the end of these problems several times for the past four or five years, the problems continued to happen. My opinion is that if Celebrity really had a permanent fix they would be shouting it from the roof tops. Unfortunately only the future will tell any of us if this problem will continue to happen or not.

My hope is that for all future cruisers on the Millennium, Infinity or Summit that these problems will be permanently fixed by Celebrity.

Debra

Winston Churchill

email: debra2106@yahoo.com