View Single Post
Old January 13th, 2010, 06:00 PM
Familiar Face

Default HAL/Azamara/Celebrity

I am planning a Baltic Cruise in August and my agent has given me four alternatives - All ships have mixed reviews.
Azamara Journey - free upgrade, he says 5 star ship and only 680 passengers and seems this is a bonus at Baltic ports - has 3 days St Petersburg, 2 days Stockholm, less sea days than others but 2 days Warremunde ( Berlin) which I have no real interest in, extra 4 hrs in Tallin. Deps Copenhagen/ Returns Copenhagen
Negatives read - Small cabins, food average, hard sell on board and pay for things that you woul dexpect included re food/beverages
MS Prisendam - Same duration as Azamara. Oceanview same cost as Balcony on Azamara, Stops at Oslo which I'd like to see - is Oslo good to see? Not overly interested in Kiel/Warremunde. Also a smaller ship.Deps Amsterdam/Returns Greenwich
MS Eurodam - Shorter cruise,bigger ship, 4 sea days,Depts/returns Amsterdam
Celebrity Constellation - Amsterdam to Amsterdam; Shorter time in Tallin, Stockholm. Stays at Warremunde for Berlin only 1 day.
Negatives were food, ship layout
This would be our second cruise only and I plan to do HAL Magic of Med in May 2011. Previous cruise was on Oosterdam to Alaska in 2006 and we enjoyed that.

I would appreciate some advice on the cruise options as I have only experienced HAL and thought I'd go again with them but I want to be open to other cruise lines if they are better. Through various forums and sites it is great to get feedback from experienced cruisers

At the moment I am leaning to the Prisendam over Azamara.

Thanks in Advance