View Single Post
Old January 14th, 2010, 07:49 AM
Captain

Hi Tony,

I fully endorse Mike M's comments about using the UK for this cruise, as you will have a day at sea, luckily your option for Amsterdam into Greenwich ?? (Harwich maybe) is not so bad, as it is just a day at the end, which can be spent packing, and is well connected to the London Airports.

The North Sea can be lumpy at times, but should be fine in August, and again by avoiding a start in the UK, you will reduce the exposure to it.

You mention sunlight, well as you are not going too far North, this should not really be an issue. We were on Arcadia a few years back into the Arctic Circle, and the curtains in the outside cabins weren't up to the job of blocking the sunshine, so we know what you mean, and would suggest that you hang on to the eye masks that they give you on the plane during your flight over.

As for Copenhagen or Amsterdam, the only other thing I would add, is that even from Amsterdam you have a couple of 'sea' days before getting to the action, as there is a long sail out of Amsterdam, then you will most likely go via the Kiel Canal (full day transit) and then spend a day on the Baltic Sea. If you enjoy sea days, then great, but thought I'd mention it just in case.

You are sure to have a fantastic time, whichever way you choose,

Alan & Katrina

History :
Golden, Grand(2), Caribbean, Sea(4+1 aborted)
Adonia(4+1), Arcadia, Artemis(2), Aurora(5), Azura, Oceana(3), Oriana(11), Ventura(2), Victoria(5)
QM2(2), QE2(9), QV(5), QE, Caronia(2), Minerva II, Fred.Olsen(8), NCL Jade, =X= Eclipse, HAL Ryndam

Last edited by kandajones; January 14th, 2010 at 08:07 AM.