View Single Post
Old January 16th, 2010, 09:53 AM
Admiral

The reason we thought about removing or reducing the tip for the cabin steward was because no matter what we did we were never able to connect with the steward, we wanted to use the refrigerator and asked for them to remove the items that NCL placed in there, we called to number provided and got a recording saying to leave a message, which we did and nothing. Becasue of the tightness of trying to get by the sides of the bed we called the number to have the bed split, which it could have been and nothing. Wanting ice in our ice bucket, I ended up going along the hallway, with the ice bucket in hand and finally finding someone about 30 cabins away and had a very hard time getting them to understand what I needed, I finally was able to get them to understand and had to write my cabin mumber down for them with a request for ice every day. Atfter talking with a couple of other passengers (which in itself was not easy, very unfreindly passengers) we realized that NCL has a very over worked crew for the cabins and so I decided at that time that no I would not reduce/remove the tips, it was not the cabin stewards fault but rather NCL's fault for not having enough crew to do the work.

Though we left the tips in place we decided that we would not cruise with NCL again. They were not caring enough of the passengers with a lack of crew all over except for bar waiters on the pool deck and they only paid attention to those who were wanting something to drink every half hour.

Guadeloupe Accommodations

Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014