View Single Post
Old January 16th, 2010, 01:34 PM
Familiar Face

My partner and I have cruised NCL, Princess, and Celebrity. I have been most impressed with NCL as far as recognizing us as a couple. When they send us mail, a single piece comes addressed to both of us, as in Mr. A and Mr. G. On board we've always been recognized as a couple, and they have always had FOD gatherings posted in the daily newsletter, and have always met others on board. We enjoy the number of dining choices on board and the freedom from formal nights! We really like the Dawn and Jewell class ships.

Our Princess cruise was just o.k. Nothing was really wrong, but having read about how great Princess was and how much better Princess was than NCL, I was really quite disappointed in the overall experience. We were on the Crown Princess, and the ship's public spaces were beautiful. Several FOD's were planned and posted in the Patter and were well attended. It was very nice that these were hosted and usually Champagne was provided. The food was very good, but overall the offerings were "safe" choices that were geared to the North American tastes. We did not find it to be the much higher quality that many reviewers expressed when comparing to NCL. We missed the variety of food types that are available on NCL. Would we go on Princess again - maybe if the price and itinerary were right.

My partner went Transatlantic on the Millennium, and we both took a quick 3 nighter on the Mercury. We were very impressed with the service, food, and hospitality on board the ships. There were FOD meetings on the TA, and as well as one posted for the 3 nighter on the Mercury. Yes, on the Mercury the meeting was posted on the message board at the desk in the atrium. The board was easily located. We found the food to be much better than Princess, and the staff on the Mercury was great to us. We had no problems with our dining room tablemates, and it was a very enjoyable quick get away. We look forward to trying out one of the new Solstice class ships!
S/S Norway - 12/99
Norwegian Majesty - 11/02
Norwegian Sea - 12/02
Norwegian Star - 10/04
Norwegian Star - 04/05
Norwegian Jewel - 10/06
Norwegian Pearl - 6/07
Crown Princess - 10/08
Norwegian Spirit - 4/09
Star Clipper - 09/09
Celebrity Mercury - 10/09
Pride of America - 6/10