View Single Post
Old January 27th, 2010, 03:44 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorcrazie View Post
Mine is similar to Katlady's, but more specific. If you are in a port and go into a house of worship, show respect. I have seen fellow tourists go into a church where people were praying and start talking loudly, taking flash photographs, etc. I almost lost a friend by suggesting that she not act that way when we were on a tour in Mexico, but I felt it was important.
Marty
Also when visiting a church please have the proper standard of dress. shirts with sleeves and pants that cover the knee. The Pisa people were given blue depositable sheets to cover thier arms. The explaination below is from the website linked. This is for Italian churches, but I believe it's a good policy for any church.

Vesta Italian Villas - Useful Info - useful information to travel to Italy - Good to Know
Dress code for churches: When visiting churches or other religious sites, no tank tops are allowed, shoulders and belly should be covered. Skirts and shorts must be below the knee. This is considered a sign of respect for all sacred places. At some major cathedrals security guards will enforce this dress code strictly.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994