View Single Post
Old February 1st, 2010, 07:00 PM
Admiral

We have already made our decision on that. We just sailed HAL and I can tell you, the food was miles above RCL. We have found RCL's food to be terribly lacking on our last few cruises and therefore, because of that and other reasons, we have been looking elsewhere.

When we sail with RCL we do eat in Chops and Portofino's and find their food excellent. However I am not going to pay extra money every night to have eatable food.

I was looking at the new menus that have been posted on "that other board" and am completely unimpressed. Almost everything on them falls under darn cheap. If I want to eat hospital food, I'll go to the hospital.

On the Zuiderdam, we had lobster (and good lobster) 4 nights. Only 1 night was in the specialty restaurant.

As long as people are willing to make excuses for the poor quality food they will continue to serve it. I'm tired of hearing how many they have to cook for etc. It's just a much of excuses from die hard fans who just can't accept that RCL does serve terrible food.

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.