View Single Post
Old May 1st, 2001, 01:23 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Lost Luggage Process @ Celebrity?

I had a similar experience with RCI, owner of Celebrity. We had a piece of luggage stolen from the terminal in Barcelona. After several unsuccessful attempts to get through to RCI's Risk Management and baggage tracking folks, my wife was somehow able to reach a live person in the corporate offices! From there, she was given an inside telephone number to Human Resources and finally got through to Risk Management. By that time, I had written a detailed letter to the CEO of RCI, that resulted in a call from a dedicated and service minded Customer Relations Department representative. To make a long story short, after four months of negotiations with both Customer Relations and Risk Management, we were able to settle on $600 cash, a 50% off certificate for a future cruise, and a $300 certificate for an additional cruise. My recommendation, try to reach a real live person in corporate at Celebrity and work it from there. Customer service re lost luggage is a joke with RCI and I would guess at Celebrity as well. Good luck and let me know if I can give you any other pointers. By the way, we had insurance from Travel Guard and AMEX, so monetarily, we made out very well.