View Single Post
Old February 8th, 2010, 03:17 PM
Familiar Face

Really depends upon your personality-I am a snorkel beach girl myself. I traveled to Grand Turk two years ago with my 10 year old son, mother, and brother. My mom and brother elected to stay right at the port but my son and I had a bit more adventure and boy was it worth it. We headed to the taxi station, found Moses, and had him take us to his beach of choice. The area itself is what I think of when I think of a preferred tropical location. Minimal development and just gorgeous-not to mention the wildlife. We ended up a Pillory Beach where there are hammocksand the local welcoming committee of a cat and a couple of dogs. There was a dive site on location and a restuarant. I had the best fresh fish sandwich I have ever had with local beer. The beach was breathtaking and I could count the number of people there-all I could think about was the port beach and how many people were there. Moses arrived back to pick us up and stopped at the colorful souviner shanties on the way back so we could shop. Great experience and we still had time to hit the port shops and Margaritaville!