View Single Post
Old February 10th, 2010, 09:27 AM
Cruise Maniac

ok i have to bring this up as another question on this topic. Personally in all my past cruise's i have always worn a dark suit and tie to the formal night's.. But on that note i personally don't like having to pack all those extra clothes. My question for discussion is this.... With the airline policy's changing almost daily on luggage and charging quite a bit for a bag and especially for a 2nd and so on can a person afford almost to pack all the formal wear let alone the casual attire you have to pack for the casual night's.... I'm almost ready on the formal night's to skip the main dining room and book one of the specialty restaurants and wear your casual but yet dressy wear, or go to the windjammers on rccl and be done with it. I do completely understand some people like to get all dressed up but anymore I'm not sure......

I have seen people wear jean's, shorts and those bright Hawaiian shirts on casual and formal night's as well thou. Not saying it was right or wrong but i have seen it and they where seated and served in the formal dining room.

I personally think that there should just be casual night's and no more formal night's.. I believe there is a lot to do with the formal night and income to the cruise line with all the photo's etc that are taken those night and sold.. Plus i always end up changing afterword's and going to the pool or upper decks have a drink or something and a lot of time's it hard to walk and lounge around all evening in dress clothes. Maybe and just a thought on the "formal night" 1st seating could be more dressed down casual and for everyone that was to dress up and be "formal" have the second seating for that....just a thought

Feb 2001 Majesty of the seas
March 2002 Majesty of the seas
Nov 2002 Majesty of the seas
March 2005 Explorer of the seas
March 2006 Adventure of the seas
March 2008 Freedom of the seas (Married onboard the Freedom of the Sea's)

March 2012 Freedom of the sea's