View Single Post
Old February 10th, 2010, 02:57 PM
Cruise Maniac

its hard enough on a 7 night cruise let alone a 14 day... I know now day's you could pay 20.00 just for the first bag and i have heard 30.00ish+ for the 2nd and this depends on what airline you go on etc. When you fly its just harder to pack all of that let alone if you buy anything on your cruise or on the island's and want to bring it home. I think a simple pair of black dress paint's and a couple shirt's & tie's is a simple approach i believe.. But with all the option's now day's if someone did not want to do the suit and/or tux then there are many other option's to attend and eat at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrot Mom View Post
Unless you live in Florida or close to a home port.. I understand perfectly the difficulty of bringing a tux and formal wear..You would not believe the overage we have had to pay..Parrot Pop now brings a dark jacket and dark pants which goes with everything, several shirts and ties. As for me..I bring a pair of dressy black slacks and various dressy and semi-dressy tops..plus two light weight long skirts.. There are people like ourselves who like the formality of a formal night.. Rev. and I over the years disagree on many clothing subjects, but dressy or not jeans DO NOT belong in the dining room in the evening..Try cruising 14 days plus without a washing machine onboard.. On a lighter note...only for those that don't know me... I often wear the same outfit or close to it TWICE.....

Feb 2001 Majesty of the seas
March 2002 Majesty of the seas
Nov 2002 Majesty of the seas
March 2005 Explorer of the seas
March 2006 Adventure of the seas
March 2008 Freedom of the seas (Married onboard the Freedom of the Sea's)

March 2012 Freedom of the sea's