View Single Post
Old February 10th, 2010, 08:55 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by meliward413 View Post
I will be going on a 3 day cruise with my husband at the end of this month. This will be my third cruise, however, I recently moved to Miami so this will be the first time I will not be taking an airplane to the port. Since it's a 3 day cruise, we want to try to travel light, maybe just carry ons. I know the airline restrictions for carry on items as I fly frequently but can't find out if they are the same on cruise ships. Even if I can't fit everything and wind up checking a bag I still would like to put some toiletries in my carry on that I wouldn't want to leak (hair products and perfume over 3 ounces). Am I able to put these items in a carry on for the ship? Also, what about tweezers, eyelash curlers and razors? Usually I check these when I fly but would rather not if I don't have to (just my preference based on how I used to pack pre-9/11,). I know it may not be necessary or make sense to everyone, I'm just weird about my stuff and where I like to keep it, would take me an hour to explain my packing strategies and reasonings. I called Royal Carribean's help # to ask but the woman didn't seem to understand the question and just kept listing the restricted items list (I asked her about shampoo not fireworks for God sakes!) Does anyone know what the rules are for cruise carryons? Thanks!
Welcome, Meli! You can put almost anything in a carry on bag. The only things they might be looking for would be alcohol.

Talking to any "Help Desk" for a cruise, is pretty much a waste of time . Not only have they never cruised, but the only thing they can "quote" to you is the same stuff you can see for yourself online .

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014