View Single Post
Old February 14th, 2010, 02:35 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkbay View Post
We decided on the Tahitian Princess. Will take our own snorkel gear. I know the PG is wonderful, but we will try out Princess for the first time. This is our 10th cruise, and 2 have been on Crystal. We made up our mind to give the Tahitian Princess a try on our last Crystal cruise, which was through the Panama Canal. One of our tablemates had taken the TP a few years ago, and said she found minimal differences between Crystal and Princess. So we will see for ourselves.
Curious to know how your trip was and how much it REALLY cost to do the whole thing ( with all the extras). I am a big fan of the Paul Gauguin. Tahiti is very expensive onland and it is best to do the all inclusive cruise packages, with meals and drinks included, like the Paul Gauguin. What the Paul Gauguin also offers is scuba diving-both lessons and excursions, and TIME in each place. Many times you are 2 days in a port and really get to enjoy the gorgeous scenery and quiet. I have been several times and the incredible staff, especially the great cruise director, Michael Shapiro and the Gauguines, the local girls from the islands, are so warm and generous. They take you to your own Gilligans island-one for a barbeque and one just to relax. Wish I was there now.
But when I am in New York and gazing at a ship sailing out of the harbor as I enjoy the sunset, I always say in my head,
Quote:
"Never a ship sails out of the bay, that dosen't take my heart as a stowaway".