View Single Post
Old February 15th, 2010, 04:11 AM
Captain

I was just wondering if it could be that the staff becomes more complacent when encountering return guests? I don't know about you but I tip based on service. A tip is not a right, just to be expected but rather for a job well done.

I feel that many of the crew members on ships feel like they are entitled to a tip regardless of the quality of service they provide and that is just wrong.

It is my understanding that crews rotate from ship to ship as their contracts expire. If someone was to cruise the same ship 2-3 times a year, how many times would they encounter the same crew?

I have never sailed the same ship twice, probably never will as long as there is new ships to sail. On the 3 carnival cruises i have sailed and the 2 princess cruises i have yet to meet a crew member that I can recall encountering from one of the previous cruises we have taken. There are crew members on every cruise that stick out and do a wonderful job while others you remember for their lack of service.

Carribean Princess 07
Carnival Valor 08
Carnival Holiday 08
Carnival Triumph 09
Island Princess 09
Carnival Miracle 10
Norwegian Pearl 11
Norwegian Sun 13
Independence of the Seas Feb 14