Thread: Scared of Costa
View Single Post
Old February 15th, 2010, 07:18 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim p View Post
I have travelled on ALL the cruiselines. What are you afraid of? We used Costa last fall on the Easten Med cruise. We choose them because we wanted to have something different, is'nt that why you are going to Europe. We did'nt find people any ruder than what happens on anyship. If you want your cruise then pay more and go on Princess or RCCL but you will have the same old tiring experience, you may think you're in the Caribbean or some other North American place. I posted my review on The Costa Mediterrena Nov 11/09 cruise read for yourself.
It's too bad people want to have everything the same as home. I ask why are you travelling anyways, if you're so unhappy because something goes wrong stay at home. I look at it this way when something doesn't go just right oh well chill!
Kim you need to check the profiles of the people who you are lecturing... DayvidB whose post you quoted is in Europe. Which further drives home the point that this does not really boil down to a North American vs. European culture issue.

Some folks think that Costa's unique flavor reflects "European Culture", I disagree. I think it's target market is a very small niche of the overall cruise market, and I think their European product is designed to appeal to that segment of the market.

If you feel that the North American Cruiselines are offering the same old tiring experience, then by all means feel free to sail Costa, but I found Costa's lack of finesse and ability to provide decent service very exhausting.

Finding a cruise line that gets it right, and doing my homework....is what gives me the ability to chill. Also, anyone who has traveled much knows that there are times when things go poorly and unexpected hiccups will occur, but you make the best of it once you are in the midst of it. But why would someone intentionally subject themselves to a less than enjoyable experience the 2nd time around?... kind of reminds me of the quote that has been credited to Albert Einstein, Ben Franklin and Mark Twain. ""The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. "

So Costa's not my cup of tea, doesn't sound like it's Dayvid's either, and a lot of other people share the same opinion. You like Costa? well that is super. I hope you continue to cruise with them.

Read and post cruise reviews