View Single Post
Old March 18th, 2010, 08:49 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayvidB View Post
Lets be honest, for all the names that they sail under the majority of the lines today are owned by Carnival.

If they were on land, its like they will build new hotels but then stick them in the same old piece of reality they own time after time.
Okay here we disgree. If you are cruising out of California Carnival offers more choices then their main competition RCL does not offer. Also Carnival has quite a few lines, but not the majority. Carnival owns: Costa, Carnival, Princess, P&O, Ocean Village, Adia, Yachts of Seabourn, HAL, Cunard, and Ibero.

That may seem like Carnival has a lot of cruise lines. However, RCL owns Celebrity, Caribbean International, Pullmantur Cruises, Azamara Club Cruises, and CDF Croisieres de France. Disney is owned by well Disney, NCL is privately owned. Then for course there is Crystal cruise lines and Regent seven days. Oh I almost forgot oceania cruiselines. This is just off the top of my head.

NCL has the advantage in Hawaii, because they are the only cruise line that can offer seven day cruises on the Hawaiian Islands. NCL has the Pride of America it is an all American ran ship so it doesn't have to hit an international port. No other cruise lines (including Carnival) has an all American ship. Since Hawaii is near nothing international ship have to sail to Mexico or Canada to hit an international port. So I would say NCL has a monopoly on seven day cruise to Hawaii.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994