View Single Post
Old March 20th, 2010, 10:07 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by by_the_board View Post
It's time for The Jacksonville Port Authority to take action and start building a new permanent cruise port. Savannah, GA is conducting a feasibility study to build a cruise terminal in order to attract the Fascination away from Jax. Jacksonville, like many cities in America, has lost many, many jobs these past several years. The Port Authority has bought the land needed at a site much closer to the ocean than where the temporary cruise port is now located. This means no passing under a bridge so the largest ships could dock in Jax. The new site would also provide a short 15 minute cruise to the ocean. The port authority needs to issue bonds and start building the new cruise terminal before someone else steps up and we loose our ship.
I agree 100% last year on the Fascination I thought we would never see the ocean. From what I hear New Orleans is even farther. New ultra modern cruise ships with nearly twice as many passengers would be a boom to the local economy with people flying in early and staying after the cruise.
2004 "Glory"
2004"Victory"
2007 "Liberty"
2007" Explorer of the Seas
2009 "Valor"
2009 "Fascination"
2011 " Pride"
2014 "Adventure of the Seas"