View Single Post
Old March 21st, 2010, 04:31 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlady
Well you know I agree. Some parents should not be parents. I have left stores early because of someone's screaming, annoying brat. This doesn't mean all kids are screaming annoying brats, I have seem well behaved children they do exist. It depends on the kid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by momofmeg View Post
Nine times out of ten, a misbehaving child, is because of the parents not giving them direction and discipline. In a small percentage of cases, the child may have autism or ADHD,which is the exception to the rule. Often, even with those children, I have seen parents who took the time to help them, and those kids were remarkably well behaved, even in comparison to other children, who had nothing wrong with them, except for permissive parents who did not discipline them.
My brother is severely Autistic. If a child has a Developmental Disability I would know it by watching them. Since I have been around it my whole life. The lack of eye contact and repeating behavior make it easy to see someone is Autistic, if you know what you are looking at. Of course I give a pass to a parent with an Autistic child or a child with any developmental disability. I understand what they are dealing with and I give them a lot of credit.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994