View Single Post
Old March 26th, 2010, 02:12 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix_the_cat View Post
I have to again, agree with Kuki and Kimopolo - first what arrogance.

Secondly after re-reading your posting I realize - yes your go for the newbe that knows nothing - therefore those are the ones who would think they have to have to go with someone like you. Sad really - it's someone like you that ruin it for the rest of us.
When suppliers go to a net environment and I do believe that day is coming, I know I will be ahead of the game.

Are you an order taker or a service provider? Are you a booking engine or are you offering information and advice that cannot be Googled? Can you pick up the phone and reach the top people at a variety of hotels and cruise lines? We offer a service and we serve our clients, but we do not and never have worked for free. We do not and never will let our suppliers determine our worth and our value. Our clients and our market do that for us. It is not just a newbie who does that, but someone who does not have the time to cultivate the relationships that we have nor research their vacation.

Quote:
You are absolutely no better than the rest of us, you offer nothing more than many of us do - except your sucker people into paying you for it. What crap.
I never said I was better. I am different and you cannot compare me to what you do by any stretch of the imagination. We never make people pay us. We put ourselves out as offering a service and that is what people pay for. Wouldn't you like the freedom to know that when your phone rings it is someone who you want to work with? Our customers are the most important thing to us, but we have never had to work with anyone. We get to choose our clients and believe me more want to work with us than we can service.

I count scores of travel agents who are constantly asking for a provider that pays commission be it a shore excursion or a transfer. To me that shows they are thinking for of them and not for their clients. When I make a booking, my clients come first rather what I am paid as a reward for bringing client and supplier together. Not every supplier is the right fit for every clients and it is shameful to bring those together when there is no benefit to the client.

Why such hostility? Is it jealousy that I get to love what I do and get paid for it because I have found clients whose time is valuable to them and they are willing to pay for a service? Is it jealousy because of my success? Who knows? I wish you well in your endeavours. I go back to my old analogy. You can change your own oil, do your own taxes and even defend yourself in court, or you can pay a professional to do it for you. I put myself in the same category as a professional and as such earn my living as one.

Last edited by Amberderossi; March 26th, 2010 at 02:23 PM.